Support for consenting requirements
APEM provide support with many of the other ecology consenting requirements usually fulfilled in tandem with the EIA process. These include HRAs, Water Framework Directive (WFD) assessments, European Protected Species Licensing and assessments of effects on Marine Conservation Zones (MCZs) and Marine Protected Areas (MPAs).
Our experienced staff also provide a peer review service for developers, regulators and statutory advisors of ES chapters and impact studies prepared by other consultancies.
The range of EIA services APEM support and provide include:
- Aerial habitat mapping
- Analysis of marine survey data
- Bird and marine mammal modelling
- Marine field surveys and consultancy, including water quality
- Freshwater field surveys and consultancy, including water quality
- Offshore bird and mammal surveys
- Water quality assessments
- Sediment quality characterisations
- Protected species surveys